Physiotherapy is a field of healthcare concerned with restoring and maintaining functional movement, reducing pain, and promoting health in individuals who may be affected by injury or disease. Physiotherapists focus on the assessment and treatment of injury or disorders to improve function and mobility. Commonly, physiotherapists will recommend personalized therapeutic exercises, self-management strategies and education to keep the body moving and to prevent injury.
At PhysioOne, our physiotherapy services may include exercise therapy, postural and gait re-training, manual therapy of soft tissues and joints, and modalities. We also specialize in the rehabilitation and performance enhancement for all types of athletes, competitive and recreational.
Who Can Benefit from Physiotherapy?
Physiotherapy can help people who are limited or affected by injury, illness, imbalances, or disability. This can be people of all ages, including infants, children, adults, and geriatric populations. Whatever your age, physiotherapy can help with many conditions or injuries, including, but not limited to:
- Muscle, joint, ligament injuries
- Complications resulting from fracture, sprain or strain
- Postural problems
- Arthritis, tendonitis, bursitis
- Backache, headache, neck pain
- Loss of balance
- Sport injuries
- Workplace injuries
- Motor Vehicle Accidents
- Neurological problems
- Respiratory and cardiac disorders
- Dizziness and Vestibular conditions
- TMJ Dysfunction
- Motor development problems in children
- Perineal and pelvic rehabilitation
- Urinary incontinence
- Any other issue leading to loss of physical independence